13 month old toddler

My son who is now 13 months started walking about 2 months ago. My husband and I have recently noticed that he is still falling a lot for having been walking for 2 months now(our oldest daughter didn't fall this much after 2 months) We started watching his feet when he walks and it looks like his ankles are rolled inward when he walks. We are waiting for our new insurance to kick in and we will be taking him to the doctor to see about it but was wondering in the mean time if anyone knew what caused this or what it is or what the doctor might do for him??

mylady13135

Asked by mylady13135 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i had a friend whos son walked funny. everyone always said how he didnt wald right and when she did it turned out to be hip displasia. which is where the hips are turned the wrong way. i dont know if that would make his ankles turn in but it could be it, its a surgery to fix and my friends son had to relearn to walk after several months in a cast. get him checked out by a doctor as soon as possible.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My son is turning 13 months on tuesday. He has been walking since 9 months. He still falls. Its normal. As for the ankles, that may be an illusion. They dont have foot arches yet, they have to build them. My sons ankles are kinda downward like that. Google toddler ankles. That may get you some answers. My pedi watched him walk, and hes perfect..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My daughter started walking at 10.5 months and was not to steady for several months. My daughter's ankles also looked like the rolled inward. I talked to the doctor about it and she said it is normal and those ligaments are still stretching.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:46 AM on Jul. 25, 2010