38 weeks trying for vbac.. what would you do if you were in my shoes... adult content

my first pregnancy was a emergency c sec. he was op face (faced up) and was getting stuck in behind my pelvic bone. 4 weeks early weighing 7 .9 . This one i am trying for a vbac. i am 38 weeks and she is thought to be facing op as well :( they guess this b/c im having some back pain. she is also not early so she might be bigger than my first. My doc.said the success of a vbac doesnt look like it is in my favor... she said she isnt turning me down but only giving me food for thoughts. I would really like to still try.. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ask for an ultrasound to check babies position.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• whats a vbac
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would try for a vbac if at all possible. Like a pp said, you can request an ultrasound to check the baby's position.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 6:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I don't think the position of the baby (meaning face up or down) and the size will have anything to do with success of your VBAC. GOOD LUCK! Here's a very recent article from ACOG about their changed views on VBACs. You may want to print it out and take it to your doc, it's only frmo a few days ago. http://www.acog.org/from_home/publications/press_releases/nr07-21-10-1.cfm
    iloveconan

Answer by iloveconan at 6:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• get an ultrasound. then decide what you want to do.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• baby can change position in no time! just a few hours before my daughter was born I was having back labor and they told me the same thing! they said I would not get my vbac if she didn't turn around. I speed walked the halls and I rolled on the labor ball and I rocked hard in the rocking chair to help baby turn around.
    I got my vbac!
    good luck and don't lose faith!
    hotslingmama

Answer by hotslingmama at 6:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Try for the vbac. How is your doc feeling about turning the baby? It hurts like heck, but it's possible with a skilled doctor/ midwife.

Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• megan its a Vaginal Birth After Cecarian and i would go for it if it is really what u want to do i mean if it comes down to it u can still have a c sec if need be after u try
    momof4onesApup

Answer by momof4onesApup at 7:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Well I'm not you and don't have your doctor. I trusted my OB completely and took his advice because I wanted what was safest for me and my baby. If you really want to give the v-bac a try go for it. If you have any doubts then discuss it further with your doctor. You need to be confident about your choice and know the risks involved and what will be done should something happen. Good Luck!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I'd try, babies can flip even while in labor and if nothing else, you tried. If your doc is still willing to let you have a go at it I say go for it! Good luck momma!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2010