relationship problems

If you were in an abuses relationship would you leave or let it keep happening? My mom says I am not giving him a fair chance. I dont want to be with him anymore..

single_mama09

Asked by single_mama09 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Abusive? NOOOOO. you leave.

and then you tell your mom I said she's an idiot.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• your mom is not you! she doesnt have to deal with him! buy buy to him you are a strong women and an abuser always an abuser get away asap
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• LEAVE! No other choice.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I agree you should leave him. He didn't give you a fair chance when he was being abusive did he? You've got to do what's best for yourself and whats going to keep you safe.
    mamadismay

Answer by mamadismay at 7:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Leave why would i stay so that it can get worse?????
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Answer by Tryin4GodsAngel at 7:06 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I was in one for 2 years, after i got 8 stitches in my head i said enough and left! LEAVE now or you or your kids could be the next Domestic violance case on the news!!!!!!!!!!1
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Leave abuse. If he gets help you can always go back then but for now, he won't stop. Tell your mom you love her but to stay out of it. She doesn't have to take his abuse.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:13 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Maybe you are calling something abuse that isn't abuse. The word has come to mean just about anything that anybody wants it to mean. If your mom knows the full story, I seriously doubt she would want you to stay in a marriage that is abusive. If you aren't married to the dude, and you want out, there's no reason why you shouldn't leave any time you choose. If, however, you have made vows, you need to exhaust every possible means of saving the marriage. This is the man you chose, so there must be some good things about him. Concentrate on those. Compliment, admire, and encourage those. You might find that what you think is abuse is just a cry for you to treat him with the respect he craves.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• As someone who lived in an abusive home for 19 years...I'd say, ummm...yeah, leave! Run away and don't look back. He will most likely not change and you deserve a chance at a happier life.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 7:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• hell no bcuz the fact of abusive he is hitting you and you or anybody dont need that
    parisonmom

Answer by parisonmom at 7:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2010