9 mo old vomiting

My 9 month old has a stomach bug (his older bro and sis had it yesterday). Every time he eats or drinks anything he throws it right back up. I gave his siblings ginger ale and crackers yesterday, but what can I give him to keep him hydrated that won't be hard on his tummy?

hobbitswife04

Asked by hobbitswife04 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• and after he gets done being sick start him on the BRAT diet
    Banana
    Rice
    Apple sauce
    Toast
    parisonmom

Answer by parisonmom at 10:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Breastfeed him. That is the best thing. If he isn['t breastfeeding, then give him formula. I was the least concerned with my kids under 1 year when they were vomiting. It is much easier to make sure they get liquids, since the majority of their diet is still liquid. As long as he is wetting several diapers a day he is getting enough to stay hydrated.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• pedialite
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Just give SMALL amounts of whatever fluid you usually would. Pedialyte is just sugar water.

Only small sips, a few minutes apart- watch the diaper out put- as long as he is still peeing regularly, he's fine.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Jello! =)
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 7:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• When my daughter was 6 mo. old she got the rotavirus (even with vaccination) and she vomited and had diarrhea for 8 days! Anyway, only give SOY formula or if you are bfing then do that. The milk-based will make baby puke more. When my daughter was sick I took the playtex drop in bottles put water in it and squirt it down her throat. That was the only way to get her to drink the water. My doc told me pedilyte but she wouldn't drink it to save her life... she didn't like it. It was a rough 8 days! lol Oh... and give him bananas and apples & rice cereal... BRAT diet till it passes.
    Ashlynnsmom0910

Answer by Ashlynnsmom0910 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Breastmilk is the best. Any fluid he will take, water, pedialite, will also help.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i would give him pedialite
    parisonmom

Answer by parisonmom at 10:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2010