Ceramic stove top

I had a pot that boiled over and now my ceramic stove top is a mess. I've tried the cleaner that's made for it along with every other cleaner I can think of. Anyone know how to get the black marks off?

Syphon

Asked by Syphon at 7:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Razor blade to scrape the burnt on stuff and then use Cerama Brite to clean it. (Target has been known to carry it and I've seen it at Wal-Mart.) Between scrubbings I use 409 to keep it degreased.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• use a scraper held at a 45 degree angle to get rid of the worst of it, then use the cleaner to get the rest off.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• have you tried a magic eraser?
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i use mr clean magic eraser on mine takes some elbow grease but gets it off well majority of it depending on how long its been there the house i moved into was empty for a while and it took almost all the black stuff off left from the previos tenants
    momof4onesApup

Answer by momof4onesApup at 7:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I hate when that happens I usually just get the cleaner and let it sit on it for awhile then come back and wipe it off. If it is really that caked on let it sit a bit longer and try using those scrubbing pads it shouldn't scratch it that is what I use just concentrate on the mess so don't try to scrub too hard. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Have you tried the new Scotch Brite stove top cleaner? I've heard it works wonders. HTH
    Kbabyz2

Answer by Kbabyz2 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• A razor blade scraper.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I didn't like the Scotch Brite stove top cleaner. I thought it was crap. I like Cerama Bryte. You can get it at Bed Bath and Beyond. Sometimes you have to put some elbow into it, though.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• The only thing I know of is the cleaner that is made for it. Good luck!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Baking soda & vinegar then use a greenie (Scotch/3M green scrubber)
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010