my Husband....

Always mentions how much he's spent on anything. Why does he do this? Should I be upset, especially when he says it for the neighbors to hear?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 7:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Let him brag, it releases endorphins and makes him feel good, why else would he do it?

Answer by older at 7:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• He's probably trying to boast that he has money to burn or he is trying to embarass you so that you don't ask for much.
    mamadismay

Answer by mamadismay at 7:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• How do I deal with it. Just give him a hug and tell him good job? I don't know how to respond!
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Tell him it makes you feel awkward when no one's around, or pat him on the butt and say, good job! (like in football)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Ask him if it is necessary to do that. He may do it so much that he doesn't realize he is doing it. OR he has been doing it for so long that no one has thought to let him know just how annoying it is!
    adoredby3

Answer by adoredby3 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I used to have a friend that did this I just ignored it.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 9:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Just ignore him, i know easier said than done, but that's about it.
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 9:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I don't think it' a big deal. Prob annoying to others but not worth getting upset about.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Let him brag. I just don't see this as an issue that you should get upset about or make into something bigger than it is, just to create conflict in your marriage. It's really harmless to everybody involved. It's fine if it's irritating to you because you hear it all the time, but just try to tune it out. It really isn't worth an argument.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 3:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2010