why do I have a hard time making a decision?

I'm not happily married. I've tried to tell my DH that is not working anymore. That I'm over him. He treats me like trash, especially in front of my 5 yr old and my 11 month old baby. When I send him to hell, he comes back to me and doesn't even apologize, he goes straight into sex. I give in, because I want it too, but then I feel awful. I think I'm only with him because of the kids, and sex. I don't know what to do. Help....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to get away from him. I know being single is hard because that's the boat I am in right now but if it's a matter of sex get some toys and kick him to the curb. Don't stay together "for the kids" that is the worst thing you could do. My mom did it for twenty three years and not only did it cause problems for her but for me and my brothers as well. Currently we are all going to councilors to fix the damage my father has done.
    mamadismay

Answer by mamadismay at 7:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• You know what to do.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• You know where the divorce attorney's office is. You can always go back and have sex without being married to dh.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Do not allow him to overpower you. Stand your ground and tell him it is over, but do it with family around to protect you should the creep snap. He has no respect for you or your child, and you do not need a man like that in your life. We have good men, we have okay men, and we have the plain out downright ugly men who will try to belittle you the first chance they get. Those are the ones who will try to cling onto you like static on a shirt. Dust him off and move on, better alone than miserable.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. I would leave him, Imagine what your children are witnessing right now. They, as they get older, remember the way you were treated and feel that its ok to be treated or treat someone else like that. Which obviously is not ok. Dont just hang in there for the kids, it will help no one in the long run. Rather have lived in a house with peace and love then in a house of fights, yelling, and things being thrown. Sex isnt everything and there are ways to go around it. Buy a toy and take him out to the trash!
    cthrush82

Answer by cthrush82 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• well, until you can be consistent in YOUR messages, don't expect him to act different. you allow someone to treat you like crap, in front of your kids, dismiss your feelings, and generally shit all over your relationship just so you can get laid once in a while? he's only treating you like the doormat you are acting like. cut it out. if you want your marriage to work, then you have to stop participating in the chain of events that continue the foul play. woman up.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Do what you feel is the best thing to do for you kids.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2010