Cheating!!!!

Tell me why do you think people confess to their spouse, they have had an afair. When they know it's going to bring heartace.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• all of the above but add stupidity to it. It's hurtful and unnecessary but am guessing some is biblical (confess your sins one to another). One should ask oneself if good can come of a confession of cheating. If not, then one should keep his/her mouth shut and just don't do it again.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Guilt.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 2:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• attention. maybe they want attention from their spouse even if its negative attention.
    Anonymous

• When you hide something like that, you are living two lives. A human is not meant to live two separate, opposing lives like that. It ends up getting incredibly painful to do. Or at the least, inconvienent.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• MAYBE DEEP DOWN THEY WANT THE PERSON THEY ARE CHEATING ON TO LEAVE
    NATTY567

Answer by NATTY567 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I agree with guilt. Why wouldnt you tell them? They deserve to know. I would want to know. Yes, it will cause heartbreak, BUT if I didnt know and found out later I would be even MORE upset and heartbroken then if he would have just been honest with me in the first place. And if they do it once chances are they will do it again and eventually you WILL find out about it.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• More often than not, it's guilt...which to me is extremely selfish. The only times anyone should confess is if they were exposed to an STD or if they got someone pregnant, or if confronted by their spouse when the spouse has found out.
    Telling out of guilt means it's still all about you, the cheater. Adding insult to injury, so to speak.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• guilt or sometimes they do it to get back at them for the pain they got in return in the first place. like if their someone cheated first then they do it back. i don't believe in telling your spouse you cheated if it was a time thing and no serious affects have resulted from it. to be it's like your doing to hurt them cause your feeling guilty and don't want to feel guilty of it by myself. i would rather not know if i had a happy marriage and he told himself he would never do it again. i have already told my husband that. i don't know if he agreed with me but i don't care cause i know that would never happen. hopefully if it did he's spare me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• well i think part of it is guilt and sometimes part of it is wanting to start over and fix things or like some one else said maybe they want the person they are cheating on to leave so they dont have to
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 5:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2008