Hit and run...

What is wrong with people? Slow the hell down and watch out for kids in the roads. Parents teach your kids not to play in the road and to use the sidewalk to ride there bikes. watch out for toddlers who run from parents... I just read an artical about a 1 year hit a killed but a driver who continued to drive and didn't slow down it is very sad and sicking. Pull your head out of your ace when you go into a neighborhood slow down and double to make sure no one is behind you... Is it to much to ask?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 7:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Something we have done in my neighborhood is post our own speed limit signs ( 20 mph) and signs saying child at play and it's amazing how much a lot of people pay attention to those.
    mamadismay

Answer by mamadismay at 7:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• That is a wonderful idea. We live an a townhome complex and it is required that you go 5mph some kids will play in the road even when it is dark and its hard to see them,
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• :O(
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 8:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• In the suburb my parents live in, there are signs in the residential areas that says "Keep a child alive, Drive 25." But I do agree that parents need to keep an eye on their kids and if there are sidewalks in the neighborhood, those should be used instead of the street.
    adoredby3

Answer by adoredby3 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Ok....
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• that's sick.. we have a neighbor (teenager) down the road that loves to tear up and down the street doing 45 in a 30mph zone while most of his neighbors have young young kids. I don't know how many times I went over and bitched him out for his driving. Pisses me off so bad.

We always play in the back yard.. but that doesn't mean I should be afraid to go for a walk with my dd down the street. Our street is part in town part outside.. so our part has no side walks (speed limit on the whole street is 30). I don't need us hit and killed because we decide to walk into to town and some dumb ass wants to roach his tires.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I have idiots in my neighborhood who drive as if they're racing with Dale Earnhardt Jr. I purchased a huge yellow child sign to stick in my yard that states "Children at play". I bought it online at kidssafetyfirst.com. It glows at night as well, not that my kids are out, but it is a great sign to own.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• There were signs posted in the neighborhood we used to live in, but this one teen didn't follow the rules. One day he came flying around the corner, some neighbors were standing by the curb talking, one neighbor was holding a huge wrench which somehow flew out of his hand and hit the back window of the kids car and broke it. The kid never went by our houses again. Not that I'm condoning destruction of property, but if people knew there would be consequences from neighbors, maybe they'd slow the f*** down!
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• "I have idiots in my neighborhood who drive as if they're racing with Dale Earnhardt Jr. I purchased a huge yellow child sign to stick in my yard that states "Children at play". I bought it online at kidssafetyfirst.com. It glows at night as well, not that my kids are out, but it is a great sign to own. "

we have one like that.. it's a turtle with a flag that stands about 2 ft high and we stick at the end of the driveway.. again.. we play in the back yard.. but my DD is only 2.. she's gonna be 4 someday and want to ride her bike in the driveway like most kids.. and these jerks still ignore those signs.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• lol lizard.. I like that one
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2010