Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

what do i do?

Ok we went a bought a $100 pool..and a cat jumped on it and put holes in it. The thing is i know who owns the cat, should i get them to pay for it seems how it was there cat?


Asked by mommylisar at 7:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Pets

Level 18 (5,957 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • I doubt that they will pay. But i would first tell them what happened and see if they say oo well let me pay for it. If not then i really dont know what to do sorry

    Answer by Tryin4GodsAngel at 6:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

  • I doubt they will, but if you talk to them already then maybe bring it up to them and see if they'll offer to.

    Answer by mommymela87 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

  • I doubt they will.

    Answer by LisamomofJames at 7:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

  • You can always ask. do not mean they will pay for it.

    Answer by louise2 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

  • you can ask

    Answer by Decker at 8:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

  • Can you prove it? It is their legal liability to cover the damages, but you'll have a hard time proving anything, especially if you have an animal of your own. Good Luck! I'd call the city.

    Answer by TimandMely4ever at 8:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

  • I wouldn't go to the effort. Even if you could prove whose cat it was, it's not illegal for cats to run free. Sorry about your pool. That just plain sucks!

    Answer by lizard111 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

  • I don't think they would take responsibility for that. Sorry.

    Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

  • I do not think they will pay. Now much you can do about that one!

    Answer by Gene_Godwin at 2:28 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

  • Laws where outdoor cats are concerned are pretty lame. Pretty much every place doesn't have anything that they enforce well. The only thing you can do is tell the owners you saw their cat do it and ask them if they would be willing to pay for the damages, but I doubt there is anything else you can do.

    Answer by KTMOM at 11:19 AM on Jul. 25, 2010