Rice Cooker Mama's! I have a question!

This may sound dumb..but i just got a rice cooker, rinsed the rice, then i added the water ot teh 2 line because i was doing 2 cups of rice...

should i have added the rice first, then filled it to the 2 line? Or did i do it right?

Mommy2JoshNJake

Asked by Mommy2JoshNJake at 8:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Rinse it well until the water comes out clear, then add the same of water as you did rice, add salt and a big squirt of lemon juice, it makes the rice be whiter and taste great, also add a bit of vegetable oil, mix it all up and turn on. Another trick is to turn the ricer off once it hits warm, this way the rice won't stick to the bottom of pan.

Answer by older at 8:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My rice cooker has you add double the amount of water per the amount of rice. So if I put in one cup of rice, then 2 cups of water.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• One cup of rice, 2 cups of water. I never rinse my rice. I just add rice and water together. Really does not matter how you mix it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Yeah,don't rinse.Brown rice takes twice as long FYI

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I always add water first. The way you did it is good. Why did you ash the rice?
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 8:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2010