How do I involve evolution in with my belief in God?

I lived my life confused by church and school. In school we are taught evolution, and in church the earth was created.
Does anyone else have any conflicting thoughts or does the bible tell reasons as to why it is correct?
How much of the bible should I take in? And what parts should I leave behind?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 8:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• A day on our planet is not the same as a day on another planet because the amount of time it takes to make a rotation is different. One day on Venus (which is avery slowly rotating planet) is 243 earth days. So if just within our solar system a day is avery different amount of time, can you imagine how long a day could be for God? It could be MILLIONS of "earth years" long.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Many people believe that a God/Deity started the process and evolution finished the process.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i personally have never felt the need to choose between evolution and the bible. god created the earth and all the creatures on it. the bible doesn't say how he did this. humans have evolved greatly within the past 100 years. we are now actually physically different than people were 100 years ago (taller is the most drastic change). i really have never understood those who believe that if you believe in evolution you are somehow not being a christian. i believe that god can do anything, so why can't he make creatures that evolve and adapt to their environment??
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I am a firm believe in Creator Guided Evolution. Meaning that Evolution is the TOOL that the Gods used to create... There is no need to believe that the two can't or don't work together... Of all the creation stories I never once heard HOW it was done, just that it was... They never get in to the scientific stuff... So just like DNA is the TOOL the Gods used to build all living animals, Evolution is their TOOL to create ALL things!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Also, it's good to note that even in Christianity, beliefs are widely varying. Some poeple belive in a literal 7-day creation whereas others think of the chreation story more as a parable for how much God loves His creation and not an actual description of how the world was created. The Bible is all up for interpretation and it's up to ou to figure it out; don't just believe what seems to be the common thing! : )
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 8:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I highly encourage you to watch Expelled, and delve into a REAL hardcore study of creation there are alot of things that the bible mentions that we just skim over (existance of dinosaurs ect)...Many people use adaptation as an answer for evolution,which really thats all evolution is, adaptation, so yes God created everything and then after the fall of man we and the animals adapted to our environments.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 8:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Well thanks for the answers but I guess I need tot alk to a priest or someone.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• "A man who interprets the Bible literally is like the man who goes to a fine restaurant and eats the menu" Joseph Campbell
    Just think about it.
    AuntSally

Answer by AuntSally at 8:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I believe in god very much you dont have to go to church every sunday to believe in god as long as god is in my heart thats what matters
    diamonds7207

Answer by diamonds7207 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2010