is it normal

is it normal for my 2 yr old to poop 7-8 times a day and there bad diapers not just alittle ....

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That sounds bad, is your LO in pain? Drinking and eating okay? I would call the dr or a nurse hotline if it's more than just today... and get pedialyte to replace the lost electrolytes and vitamins.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 9:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• No. Did he eat something that was different, or he had never eaten before? Or maybe something that wasn't good anymore, or not cooked well enough. Give as much water as you can, no milk, incase the tummy is upset, that will or could make it worse. Maybe it's a bug leaving the system too. Hard to say.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Are they really small or are they big? Is it just today or has this been going on a while? My son had 5-7 big sloppy poops a day (sorry, tmi) and he wasn't gaining weight and it turned out he has celiac disease.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would not consider that normal. If this has been going on for more than a day or two, call the doctor. He could end up being dehydrated, and that is not a good thing.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I agree not normal i'd call the dr
    TheJs

Answer by TheJs at 10:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• no its been like this for a long time
    klinemom2

Comment by klinemom2 (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My DD is the same way. She poops 4 huge diapers a day at 2 and a half and this is good compared to several months ago when it was more like 5-6. Talked to the Ped about it and with my LO she just has a fast metabolism and eats a ton! I mean she is always eating plus her meals. Talk to your ped and see what they think. I wouldn't say it was totally uncommon since mine is like that to but always best to check I guess.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2010