Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Next week will be my first payment to a lawyers office for some debt that I owe to a bank. When I called yesterday the lady told me that I can make payments online. I don't know for sure if it will be good to do that. I would pefer to send money orders because I then will have a copy of what I sent and I don't know if the internet payment will have anything like that. What do you recommend?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • When you make payments to legitimate places online they have secure networks and you get a confirmation number. There will also be a page that tells you to print for your least any I have ever made online did.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

  • If the lawyer is in your same town, a personal payment with a receipt from them that you can keep track of is best. If you have to mail the payment, go to the post office and get a registered mail certificate. The lawyers office has to sign it when it arrives and you will get the receipt for your records.

    Answer by Necie11 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

  • Both of the above answers are correct, pay online if you get confirmation. Pay in person if possible, if not either of the 2, sent it certified and keep your money order receipts.

    Answer by customcat2000 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

  • I agree with the first answer!

    Answer by businesswife1 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

  • As long as proof is supplied that money has changed hands, do whatever is easiest for you. You should also consider (if mailing) to use the green cards that have to be signed and mailed back to you- just for piece of mind.

    Answer by JenG at 5:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.