how did you know you were pregnant?

For the lasat week, my head has felt so hot, and i'll occasionally feel a little bit nauseous from this. Also, I'm noticing I wake up feeling like death because I'm so tired.. which sounds pretty normal but for me, i feel a little off on how tired i feel. My head doesn't stop feeling over-heated, and I just want to know if anyone had this issue and how did they notice changes :). anything helps! heidi

heidi0817

Asked by heidi0817 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• And I forgot to mention. Before I got pregnant I was taking birth control! And I thought I was because I wasn't sleeping through the night, I was having hot flashes, going to the bathroom a lot more than normal, also I had a dramatic decrease in appetite for a few weeks..
    Poopie08

Answer by Poopie08 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Well I kind of had an idea I was. But the way we found out was an accident I was in. It was scary, I rolled my car on the highway, got ejected from it, and spent six hours in Springfield Trauma getting checked out. Then at the end of the six hours we found out I was. The told me because the urine test came back positive and I asked them to run a blood test to make sure.. So they did and it turned out I was almost 6 weeks when we found out. Then when we went to the doctors office for my first visit, they said I wasn't 6 weeks along, but 9 weeks (far enough to see the heartbeat). And I've not had any complications or anything. The baby is growing fine, she has a strong heartbeat, and beats me up all the time (usually before bed time). I can't wait to have her. Me and my hubby are so excited.
    Poopie08

Answer by Poopie08 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I was so nauseous, could not stomach the smell of things and my breasts felt like two huge bricks on my front, so I knew before I took the test I was pregnant.
    Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 2:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I was overweight to begin with and had no noticable am sickness; thot i had a flu or virus; was that time of year and most in the group i hung with at that time had viruses and flu's. And DH now, then was BF had been told in the Army he was sterile so sure wasn't expecting to become expecting!!!!! 1 day was in a cast-iron tub shaving legs with change-the-blades type razor - it was kind of heavy and dropped it in the tub - my stomach JUMPED! Could not believe this and certainly couldn't understand why if my bed partner was shooting blanks; and he was the only parner at that time. so got a pregnancy test and sure enough it was positive; and so was the next one and the one after that. That was the middle of March and had DS June 9. Craziest time of my life
    jcsafc51

Answer by jcsafc51 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I took a test.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2008