Need help with 3 year old! please TMI adult content

well I have a 3 year old girl,named Shiloh. She always liked dressing up in dresses, skirts and pettiskirts.She likes to wear pants until 2, but now that she have 3 the only thing that she uses are dresses, skirts legggins and pettiskirts and does not like the pants because they think they are for men and it will look like a man wearing it,also that she is a princess and pricess dont wear pants. Now it's hot and I let her wear skirts and dresses .But when the winter comes?! She will ignore me and continue wearing dresses and skirts ect. the worse is that when you want to put her pants she began throwing a tantrum and do not want to go out. then she has to be alone with the nanny .I do not know how to tell her!

I like the girly-girly look, but when you have to put her jean she starts complainig!

BlueballandKids

Asked by BlueballandKids at 10:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• leggings underneath

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• ... she will ahve cold legs a few days in the winter and then she will wake up, i had to wear skirts at the private school i went to, all winter, every winter, from 2nd grade up and my lil sister started in pre school. She will be fine if she wears them all winter to school and stuff, playing in the snow in a skirt will change her mind REALLY quick
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 10:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• great idea but in winter i JUST can put her that is too cold!
    BlueballandKids

Comment by BlueballandKids (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• what about some cute pink jeans or something? My daughter loves her dresses, but she does wear a few pairs of pants. She has a pair of sparkly stretchy jeans (walmart) some cute appliqued blue jean capris, and a pair of pink jeans. Maybe try letting her pick them out at the store.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Could be just a phase. My girls have all gone through their own wardrobe phases. Let her wear a tutu over her jeans when it starts getting cooler if she is still insistent.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• nice thick heavy tights for winter, that's what I had to do!!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• great idea butterflyblue19 but in winter i JUST can put her that is too cold!
    BlueballandKids

Comment by BlueballandKids (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would wait and see if it is a phase. If not then I would put tights or leggings under them.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• good ideas evryone! I will try it out thanks really really evryone! vote ups for all ya!
    BlueballandKids

Comment by BlueballandKids (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Oh and maybe let her wear her pettiskirts over the jeans. I've seen adults do it LOL she may look a bit silly, but really doesn't matter.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2010