Do your kids eat sushi?

My son is 8 and he said he wanted to try sushi. So, we went to a Japanese restaurant last night. He tried several different rolls, giving them the sniff test first. He didn't finish any of themm, but he didn't make any comments until we left the restaurant. As we were walking across the parking lot, he said, "I guess I don't really like sushi." Oh, well. I was proud of him for trying it.

tiggermom803

Asked by tiggermom803 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• way to go! at least he tried it :D

my 3 & 4 year olds love it :D My MIL looked at me like I was insane when we were at Disney world and I shared my sushi with my then 2 year old son LOL
    They just don't like the spicy ones I get, but they will eat any of the others.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My kids did try it when we went out for dinner and they didn't really like it but I was glad they tried it too!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• We've been taking Zoe to our favorite local sushi place for as long as I can remember. She's been eating it since she was about a year old and has a sushi bib. They love her there! They call her the sushi baby!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• That's awesome that you kid was willing to try it. My 3 year old says, "EwwWWW su-see!" but my 1 year old will eat anything and I've let him try a couple rolls that didn't have anything raw. He loves them.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My daughter Loves Sushi- I think it is Cool to look at but, i can't bring myself to eat anything that is not cooked Well- Done!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• No
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i say at least he did try it, usually kids would say uchh, and frown before they try it.
    totomamma

Answer by totomamma at 10:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• NO but i do lol
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My kids do like it, but not the completely raw sushi. They like KimBob (however u spell it)
    hotmom33

Answer by hotmom33 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• NOPE THEY DONT LIKE IT
    BlueballandKids

Answer by BlueballandKids at 10:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2010