Pregnancy and STD.... adult content

Ok obviously anon is the only way I feel comfortable even asking this question. Dh and I have been together for 2 1/2 years and about 8 months ago I noticed small bumps down there. Went for my check up and to my horror the doc looks at me disgustedly and says you have genital warts. Needless to say I was mortified! Went over all the why's and how's and I know dh would never cheat on me. So, regardless how I got them, this is my problem. I did the cream treatments and they went away completely and quickly! But as soon as I found out I was pregnant they have come back with a vengeance! I am almost 7 mo pregnant now and every time I mention it to my doc she blows it off says it won't harm baby, they will go away once hes born, nothing we can do about them right now. But they are getting terrible and I just want to cry even thinking about it! Question is, is my doc right? Or anyone know of any safe treatment during preg?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I heard if you give birth vag then they can transfer to the baby
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• You can deliver a baby vaginally if your not having a flare up. If you ARE having a flare up, you have to have a c-section, because the warts can harm the child in very serious ways.
    TheJs

Answer by TheJs at 10:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i would check with your doctor a friend of mine had a c-section planned in case of a breakout at the time of birth, she did not want her child to contract them if she was enflamed, i would make sure this is an option. I'm sorry you are embarresed, i wish i could say it will be okay, but im not a doctor.
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 10:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Go to another Doctor! The fact that she looked at you with disgust pisses me off to no end! Doctors have seen all and know better then to act like that. Definitely get a second opinion. Good luck!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• yeah, i would DEFINATLY ask for a c-section. i just took a human sexuality class and saw all kinds of pics of babys born to mothers with STD's and what could happen to them.. crazy things. like if a mother has syphillis, the baby gets it just from being in her body.. but i think genital warts will transfer too it. either way, i wouldnt want my baby touching genital warts when it came out.
    im sorry to hear about this.. if you think you got it before your husband, then okay ... but if your husband cheated on you and gave you genital warts, you really need to think about that.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• You need to find a new dr asap. They can use something (I don't remember what it was) but they put it on there and it burns the warts off. From what I heard it doesn't hurt just uncomfortable. It can transfer to the baby if you're having an outbreak at the time of delivery. HPV can lay dormant for years so maybe your SO didn't cheat.
    And another reason to kick your dr to the curb is because he "looked at you in disgust." Completely unprofessional.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 10:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

Ditto this
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My sister has them and delivered two healthy babies vaginally with no problem. You do not have to have a c section.
    raizonette

Answer by raizonette at 12:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• You can take the HPV pills (the blue ones) while your pregnant. I took them and both of my obgyns said it was completly safe to do so. (Or else they wouldnt have given them to me) Because of all the crazy hormones I had an outbreak toward the end of my preg. and therfor my doc put my on the blue pill (sorry cant remember the name) 2x daily untill I delivered. You will be just fine. It happens. Also dont completly shave down there right before your due date because that alone will cause a huge outbreak and increases your chances of having to have a c-section.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 3:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2010