I'm without bed.....

I just want to complain lol
Since the beginning of this month black mold start rising in the carpet in my children s room. So I took my bed down and put it away and put them in my room. Now I've been sleeping on an air mattress and my back hurts!
I've already called the landlord over dozen times and went over there and she either is never home or returns phone calls. So I'm not going to bother anymore since we are out of here in 5 days. But I'm going to all the board of health and let them know they just cover up black mold and wont take care of it.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree REPORT her! Just an FYI borax will kill the black mold so it doesn't continue to spread. A box is less than $5 at walmart, it is in the laundry isle.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Sounds more like a slumlord ughhh
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• bad

Sorry, that sucks, and it's totally unacceptable of your landlord. Definitely go to the Board of Health. 

LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• What a jerk landlord. I agree, report her!
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• we have a crappy land lord too. we have bed bugs and roaches and he apparently doesnt care. and we sleep on a futon. i'll take your air mattress any night!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Ihear ya sista.....I myself am often withut a bed space but for other reasons...My hubs snores so can't sleep there one kid has a twin and it's ok for nighttime huggies but otherwise it's just too small. Older son had a king size and I often go there but I have to wait until he's asleep to sneak in cuz he doesn't like to share (anything LOL)
    Good Job mothering and giving up what you have for them I am proud of you!!!.....Julie
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• we tried bleach and it went away for about a week then came back in other areas. Since the landlord wouldn't take care of it we belched the tan floors and I'll make sure we don't pay for new carpeting.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Yes, make sure you report it! Good Luck!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Spray a salt & water solution on it. After the water dries, the salt will suffocate the mold. Mold requires moisture and the salt will absorb it. Good luck on your move.
    hotmom33

Answer by hotmom33 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• who ya gonna call.....GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!!
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2010