Was I right about getting so upset???

Okay I am 32wks preg. and I have a 3yr old and 1yr old so when I go to my dr. appointments which is twice a week my 16yr old sister comes over to babysit for 2hours I keep my house clean all the time anyways I picked her up on Thursday night and my 2yr old sister wanted to come as well I did not care about that so on Friday I wake up at least an hour early to make sure my house is clean bed, dishes and etc so when I get back from the dr. I notice dishes in the sink which was no problem since their was about 4 plates no problem they have to eat right so as soon as I get home she calls my mom to pick her up well I had not gone anywhere past the living room when she was their and as soon as sje leaves my husband starts telling my 3yr old to clean her room when I go to help her teir was a mess blankets, paper, toys and etc everywhere when I go to my bedroom the tv, air conditioner was left on and she messed up all my covers after

babycakeschris

Asked by babycakeschris at 10:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you told her of her expectations of keeping the house clean? Do you pay her as well? If yes to both then I would be quite upset. If not, then just chalk it up to a 16 yr old's mentality.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I had made my bed that morning so I was so upset that I had to clean the whole house again I was so mad I cried it's hard for mo now that I am farther along andI have told her to make sure the kids pick up their mess and not let the house get to messy well I told my mom about it and she told my lil sis and now she is upset and writting mean stuff on myspace so was I wrong to tell my mom I wanted to tell her but she was out with her boyfriend and his parents...
    babycakeschris

Comment by babycakeschris (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i agree with shanlaree. that is really just how 16 yr olds are. but if you pay her i would be upset.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• 16 yr olds can be very immature, trust me, I have a 17 yr old. lol She probably would have been just as angry if you had told her yourself, but she is most likely thinking that you have "tattled" on her and is having a bit of sibling rivalry venting on Myspace. I guess you will have to have a talk with her yourself and try to explain to her your reasons for needing her to help out. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I can see where you would be upset, as they made the mess on her watch and ideally she should have had them pick it back up. I think from now on you may have to tell her 'the rules' ahead of time that way she knows what her duties are and what you expect of her. I do think you should talk to her and let her know why you are upset-- you have hormones going on, you already cleaned the house and then came home to find it a mess and had to clean again and being that far along picking up is hard for you. Maybe if she hears why you were upset it will defuse her attitude about what happened.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• It's not that I tattled on her I went to my mom's and my 2yr old sis that spent a night asked if she could stay again I told her no because I was upset with her and my 3yr old for making such a mess my mom over heard and she said that she had already told my 16yr old sister to keep my house clean that she should be ashamed to have made a house that dirty in 2hrs we have had this problem many times but me and my husband have decided that we would take our daughters with us to my apt. we have no problem with it we had my lil sis to take care of them just for a lil help but we can handle them. The way I paid her was whatever she wanted we would buy her and we would take her with us on our vacations and we were going to buy her, her school clothing and a new phone.
    babycakeschris

Comment by babycakeschris (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• you have to be kidding. you got upset over your house being messed up? She's a teen for goodness sakes. You make her babysit. Did you think she doesn't want to babysit for you? Do you pay her enough to watch kids and clean house that isn't her's? Chill out and just clean it. She wouldn't have cleaned it to suit you anyway. Tell dad to babysit or take the kids with you. I had to take mine to the dr with me. Just be happy she watched them for you.
    Anonymous

• You can't make anyone babysit if they don't want to she is the one that calls me to see if I need or wants her to watch them. And she dosent clean didnt you read I clean before I go to my appointments their are times I wake up and don't have to clean since I keep my house clean everyday and my husband goes with me for support and to make sure our unborn child and myself are okay and that everything is okay in general. It is not my fault that you had no one to watch your children or no kind of support. I have to pick up after my children all day long to keep my house the way I want it but I shouldnt have to clean up after a 16yr old who knows how to clean and etc.
    babycakeschris

Comment by babycakeschris (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't be mad at a 16 year old that left my house messy. It's the nature of teenagers. It's prolly just pregnancy hormones making you upset (and the fact that it's hard to clean in your condition). Take a breath, and give her a break.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:45 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Um no! You are absolutely right to be upset! Number 1 rule of babysitting(I took a course so I know), Leave the house the way you found it!. I don't care if she is 16 or not she should respect you and your house enough to clean up after herself.
    MKSmom09

Answer by MKSmom09 at 2:54 AM on Jul. 25, 2010