new step mommy needs help

I'm a new step mom to three kids I barely got to see or get to know. his ex ran off with them to who knows where. he hasn't seen them in a year and just now started to be able to talk to them once a week if that. we don't have the money for a lawyer or for anything else for that matter so talking to them is a blessing as it is. we happened to get married and now I'm pregnant all within this time and my husband doesn't know how to tell them or when to tell them for that matter. what should he do? and also what should I do I don't know what to do. any advice on being a good step mom would be helpful right now. I'm at a total loss.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• The best advice is treat them like your own children and just be there for them
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i would tell them asap. or they may feel like you tried to hide it from them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I have been a stepmama for the last (almost) 8 years and I can't tell you how awesome I find Decker's advise for you. You love them like you love your own kids, you can't stand them sometimes like you can't stand your own. To me, they are one and the same. You will have a better outlook on your life as a stepmom if you just decided that they are NOT just his kids. Hopefully you will be able to be more active in their life eventually, because as awful as it can be sometimes, it is equally just as rewarding. I would tell them as soon as you feel comfortably. They deserve to know, that is going to be their little brother or sister as well! Congrats!!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:13 PM on Jul. 24, 2010