Do the fertility calculators really work? The ones that state that you are more likely to have a baby boy or girl if you get fertilized on a certain day?

peace1234

Asked by peace1234 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• they didnt for both of my kids
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Old wives tales. Sperm don't know what day it is. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Did not work for me
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• they say that male sperm swim faster but die off quickly, while female swim average but live longer. This is probably where they came up with this, so they say have sex a day or two b4 you ovulate for a girl because the sperm alive should be the women and if you want a boy, refrain from sex till you exactly ovulating, although our bodies are mnagical and you may just get a fast hirl swimmer who beats the boys, or a stubborn long living boy who stays there :)
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 11:12 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

I have heard this too, and the way we conceived our 3 girls, I believe it!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• you mean the Chinese gender prediction thing? of course not LOL

I have heard the same as shanlaree though about the speed of male/female sperm
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Both my boy and my girl were conceived 2 days before ovulation. So no difference for me.

If you're talking about the Chinese gender calendar...that was wrong for both of mine, too.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Sorry but it's a boy or a girl depending on what gene dad shoots not the day your egg gets fertilized
    Anonymous

• What shanralee said is correct. We had a boy and wanted a girl, we used the 'Shettles Method' and conceived a healthy girl 3-4 days before ovulation. BUT: many things affect the ratio of X(girl) to Y(boy) swimmers: Mom's uterine pH, even Dad's diet, wearing tight boxers, etc. The Chinese calendar was wrong with both of my kids.
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Our Dr. told us the same thing about the boy/girl sperm. For us, it was a matter of getting pregnant (we tried for 1.5 years before it happened), so we did it before and the day of ovulation. I can't tell you which round got us pregnant, but I know the Clear Blue Easy ovulation tests are what finally helped us concieve.
    Miss_cecilia

Answer by Miss_cecilia at 12:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2010