wedding questions?

I figured i'd give you ladies a little more fun tonight. I want to hear all about YOUR wedding, i'm engaged, have no idea what im doing and know very little about what i want yet, so what did you do, color scheme, favors, centerpieces, flowers(real/fake/what kinds) :)

smilelovesmile

Asked by smilelovesmile at 11:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm a bridal consultant... If you have questions let me know...

Now, as for my wedding... It was far from what I wanted! I was HUGE and 6months pregnant. But we had roses just about everywhere we could put them, the guys were in black the girls in really pretty red/garnet dresses... We made hershey kiss rosebuds for our favors... I would honestly have to check out the pictures to remember the centerpieces though... We had both real and fake flowers though...

My cake was fake, but here's a pic... We just made cake and had it all packaged up ahead of time... The small part in the center of this was real and that's what we cut.
    Photobucket

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Ugh, when I got married to my ex we just went to the magistrate at the jailhouse. Yep, you get married at the same place they take you when you're arrested. There were no pics taken, and I was wearing a green maternity dress (5 months preggo). There was no reception or anything, and I was miserable bc I knew I was making a dumb decision. Yep, I was right. Hopefully next time I'll get a real wedding, I'm ready to see the other answers and get some good ideas.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i work at a bakery so im doing the fake cake with sheet cakes to cut up, this is mostly for my boss because while she will have to decorate the fakes that day sheet cakes are easier beacuse they can be whipped together in a shorter amount of time, also she can display it after the fact.
    smilelovesmile

Comment by smilelovesmile (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Well, let me try to sum it up, lol. We got married in a beautiful old chapel. We didn't want a wedding party. It was just the two of us, plus the flower girls. We kept it really intimate, and only invited about 20 people to the ceremony. My dad walked me down the aisle.I wore a simple, classic, yet elegant gown. The chapel was decorated in white flowers, with greenery. My colors were white and a green that was kind of a mix between grass green and mint green, lol. We put together our own vows. It all went great...

The reception was at a different location about 7 miles away. I decorated with white table cloths and chairs, put these diamon shaped rhinestones on all of the tables, and had silk green bags with candles with rhinestones in them as a wedding favor. Our first dance song was "These arms of mine" by Otis Redding, and the garter toss song was "Pour some sugar on me". :) cont...
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• my twin sister got married at a court house, he didnt even let her tell anyone but his mom was the witness and anothe rof his friends, she got no ring, no reception and couldnt tell any of us til she finally left him. She is my twin i love having her around to help now because she looks out for me but we talk about what kind of wedding she will have when she decides to get mariied again, later in life :)
    smilelovesmile

Comment by smilelovesmile (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• cont...

I danced with my dad to, "you've got a friend" by James Taylor. Everyone danced, ate, drank...it was great. Oh, and my husband totally smashed the cake all over my face...and I got him back. I'll post a pic if I can get it on here, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• A fake cake is by far the best way to go... And usually if you are willing to let them take it back as an "example" cake they will give you a much lower price... I would also advise fake flowers because real ones either need dried or they will die... Either way you loose all the beauty... You can freeze them too, but they still aren't as nice!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• im doing fake flowers also because i want to keep my bouquet forever. And his aunt did his cousins and they were AMAZING, so im asking her to do them. the colors i like are lemon and lime (with really small accent of a grapefruit color) so im not sure for the flowers, like what kind, would the greenery be counted as the green lol its not til spring 2012 so i have some time to brainstorm before i have to actually start picking things :)
    smilelovesmile

Comment by smilelovesmile (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Photobucket>
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My hubs and I decided we wanted a small and simple wedding. We were paying for the wedding ourselves and really did not have a lot of money. We got married in a small country church the ceremony was short and sweet- I think it was all of 15 minutes long. I wore my mothers wedding dress (something i had always wanted to do), my hubs wore a suit. My sis and his brother stood up with us. For flowers we had mine, my sis's, a little one to toss, corsages for my mom, grandma and godmother, and boutonnieres for my dad, hubs and bil. My colors were peach and white. We had the reception in the church basement- we put up quite a few decorations and made it look nice.  We served ham sandwiches, cake, punch...The photographer knew hubs nephew (we did not know this when we hired her) and when she saw him at the wedding she gave us a bonus -she stayed longer and took extra pics.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2010