Question for my fiance...

Our friend, and my fiance's BEST friend's mother just passed away this afternoon after having sudden, emergency surgery and not coming out of it. Our friend is only 22 and his mom was 45. My fiance wants to know the best way to go about showing his love and support. Any advice would be great.

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Losing a parent is a shock and there isn't much you can do but be there. One thing I found helpful when my parents died, friends brought food so I didn't have to cook. Do things around the house that needs to be done would be nice as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I agree with admckenzie! Food is great and gift card to restaurants like Subway or Wendys. Other than that there isn't much to do, but let your friend know that you are both there for him and are willing to talk to him when he is ready.

Hugs!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• A sudden loss of a loved one is a hard situation to deal with. But do offer your condolences, and ask them if there is anything you can do for them. Tell them how much you care for them and if they need you, to call. Send some food, with all the visitors, they won't have time to fix a meal.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:17 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would get them a card and flowers. That's sad :(
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:42 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would send a card and flowers and just be there for him or her when they need an ear or a shoulder to cry on
    MKSmom09

Answer by MKSmom09 at 3:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2010