what is nesting and when is it normal to start?

I've been constantly wanting to clean. I was told that its right before you start labor, but I really hope thats wrong because I still have quite a few weeks to go yet. im only 21 weeks.

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 11:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think on and off during pregnancy is normal. atleast i hope so... i kicked it into high gear about a week before labor. my house was scrubbed and disinfected by the time baby came. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think about 21 weeks is common.

Once the baby becomes more REAL, you've started buying things, seen a few ultra sounds, named it, seen the gender, etc etc is when it's likely to start

When my 1stborn came home my house was spotless and I labeled EVERYTHING, pre washed all his clothes, towels, etc I actually found it very, very fun. it kept me busy/occupied and sooooo excited.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Nesting is just like an intense urge to get everything clean and ready for the baby. I went through periods of it throughout my pregnancy. It was real bad right around 37 weeks though and my mom like ruffled the bedskirt on my son's crib, and I about killed her. LOL
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• its not a sign ur having a baby soon its in ur head u know ur having a baby and u want it clean when he/she comes home and no im not wrong i just asked the doctor about it when i went to see my daughter in the nicu today its a wisetale and if u believe its true ur mind will go along with it
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 3:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2010