im going through a divorce and i was wondering....

i made himn a promise that i wouldnt sleep with anyother guys till we were divorced and he is being a real jerk and telling me he is not ngoing to talk to me anymroe adn pretty much going to forget about me all together.... so does that promise still stick or not? oppions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• if he sleeps with other girls then I think you can sleep with other guys
    but other then that I would stick to your promise. I know if I was getting a divorce or was separated I wouldnt sleep or even date another guy till the divorce was final but that's just me
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I didn't date other men until my divorce was finalized. I just didn't feel it was right.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Well, on one hand, you didn't say "I promise........unless you (blank). So you would be breaking your promise. If you don't care about the promise then do whatever you want. People act angry during divorces, it hurts. I wouldn't want to hurt him anymore.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I doubt the promise still sticks
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• oops sorry I read it wrong and thought it said he made a promise to you -- if you made the promise, I would still keep it.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Did u promise your soon to be ex this? If so I wouldn't hold to it, no way no how tell your soon to be ex to go fly a kite!
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 12:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Divorcing means it's over. My attorney said I could date once I filed. I filed then I dated.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• idk only you can decide, but imo a marriage isnt over until the divorce is finalized. how can you move on when you still have a chapter thats still open??
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• If he had told me that, I think I would have told him that since he doesn't want to talk to me or is going to forget about me, that I would just go on with my life. It looks like that is what he is doing. Who cares what he thinks, it's your decision. If you want to see other people that's your choice, not his. For that matter, don't even mention the deal, do what you want to.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:10 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Stick to your word. Divorces are ugly business. Don't give him anything to use against you when it comes to custody or support.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 1:32 AM on Jul. 25, 2010