do you own one of those big train set tables?

My son will be 6 on October 30th (his sister is 4) and I was wondering if I missed "the window" on one of those train tables? My husband and I are in discussions on getting him one for his b-day in a few months but that would be his only gift (my kids prefer 1 huge thing rather than 10-20 much smaller and less impressive items) so I'd want it to be fantastic for him ... how many years would I still logically expect him to be into it? The ages mostly seem to say simply "3+" giving nod to the mass amounts of choking hazards. I know his sister will get lots of use from it, too, but it'd be his gift. How long did your kiddos play w/ theirs?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Shopping

• yes we do.It long ago became a Playmobile then Lego table.My youngest are 12 and 13 ,we are close to their fall bdays, there is a complicated game Heroscape they still set up along with the massive 12 and up Lego sets that take a while to build.It lives in our playroom and I admit I am surprised the many uses it has had over the years.Allows them to keep something set up for days and days and days without stepping or tripping on stuff.Great investment

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I wish we could get one - we just don't have any more room for big items like that LOL
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My daughter is 2 1/2 and she loves the train tables. I see children of all ages playing on the display at the local toy store. It seems like a good investment to me. I'm just still trying to figure out which set to get.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:27 AM on Jul. 25, 2010