Grandma wars (I need some help here ladies!)

So my mom always says she's gonna do things with the kids. Never follows through. this whole week she's been telling me she's taking them to this picnic on Sunday, tomorrow. His mom wants to take them as well. I never believed my mom, and didn't say anything like they already had plans when his mom asked. p.s. she's getting them on teusday too. But I don't want to make her mad, cause I need her to watch them on teusday. But i don't want to make my mom mad either. What would you do?

Rachel24517

Asked by Rachel24517 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I would say SO mom since your mom never follows through and you dont want your kids disappointed and plus your mom is getting them tuesday anyways
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Wow. It sounds a lot like what I go thru with my DH's dad & step-mom. That's a really tough one. Have you said anything to either grandma? Waiting til the last minute is def. going to make them mad. Can't say for sure on what I would do, but probably would make sure its a sure thing and try explaining that you just want to know cause their other grandma would like to take them the same day.
    Ferrari

Answer by Ferrari at 11:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I'd call one of them and tell her she can't have them unless one has them in the a.m. and one in the p.m.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:05 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I'd go with the one who made plans first, isn't that the right thing to do?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would call your mother and ask her personally if she really plans to take them on Sunday. If she says yes, then say that the other Grandmother wanted to take them on Sunday, and since she's planning to take them on Tuesday, that she can have them on Tuesday. That way there won't be any misunderstanding.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Ouch, here's a bump!
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:39 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• great name for a reality tv show... anyway... first of all, explain to your mom how not following through is very upsetting to your children and that she needs to stop that. if you can find another sitter, then you reduce the risk of her filling your children's heads with hopes to be dashed. do you think she would back out on tuesday if you just let the other grandma take the kids and told your mom, well, i just assumed you were blowing smoke up their asses like you always do...?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2010