Ever been so tired you couldn't sleep?

Have you ever been so tired you couldn't sleep? If so what did you try, and did it work?
I ask cuz I'm at that point, I am mentanlly and physically exhausted but wound tighter than tight. I haven't slept but about 4 hrs in 4 days, and before you ask, NO i'm not on any drugs, and no energy drinks either. Been super stressed but that's it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yup. I just laid there and thought about stuff until I got bored and fell asleep. It took forever!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:03 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• yes, every tuesday and thursday after work.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:03 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yes, and it is a horrible feeling. First, write down what is bothering you, even if it is on a magna-doodle. Get it out of your head. Then, make your room really dark, lay on the bed, and do really deep, slow breathes. I mean really deep, slow breathes. In and out. Slow. Think of nothing but your breathing. Hopefully you won't have to do too many and pass right out. Good luck, mama.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yes, and for me it is amplified by this pregnancy. For me, mental imagery works. Make yourself imagine yourself in a serene state of relaxtion. It forces your mind off of what has you wound up so your body can take over and fall asleep. Google "progressive relaxation techniques." Its the same concept.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• All the damn time!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Drink a beer or eat turkey and watch football or food network!
    workgoat

Answer by workgoat at 6:23 AM on Jul. 25, 2010