medical assitants..do u like your job.

do u think its a job thats flexible while being a Mom. did anyone do there program at a junior college. would u recommed it as career choice for someone with just a high school diploma.. im considering doing this at some point. thank very much for your information

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• My mom is a medical assistant. They don't make a lot of money here at all. She is getting okay pay right now but she has been doing it for 5-6 years. My mom went through a private school. Only a few community colleges where I live offer it. I think it would be a good starting point if you plan on going further in the medical field or if your SO makes good money and you don't have to rely on yourself. I guess it depends on where you live too. I would go to the community college if I were you and speak to a counselor they can help you figure out how much it would cost to go to school for it and how much you can expect starting out where you live. Also, schooling was like 9 months for my mom. Im going for RN.
    MylifeMylove23

Answer by MylifeMylove23 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• And Good Luck with whatever you decide
    MylifeMylove23

• I don't like it because it doesn't pay well. I think it was waste of time and money for me to go to college for it. I'm sticking to being a SAHM now because what we get paid as a MA isn't worth working your ass off 40+ hours when the whole check pretty much goes into childcare
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I have been an MA for over 8 years. I loved my job but I agree we don't get the pay nor the credit we deserve. If I only knew back when that I like doing this I would have furthered my career as an RN. I have not been working for 2 years since we moved but I do miss patient contact and I built great relationship where I was.
    Msshe

Answer by Msshe at 10:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2010