If your child wanted to be a stripper would u suppport them?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 12:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• No, if she is a stripper, she will be making good enough money so I dont have to support her.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:05 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yes... I was a dancer and I've been trying to talk my DH in to starting... If my kids want to do it I'm right behind them. It's great money, it's an excellent way to build self confidence and respect... And it's a lot of fun...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:06 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• serioussifL - I don't think she meant monetary support... She meant would you support their decision...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Define support? Would I disown her? No. Would I pay for stripper classes and show up to sit in the front row while waving dollar bills? no.

It would be clear it's not a profession I approve of.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I think I would laugh my ass off! I have boys and I think male strippers are HILARIOUS!
    Chippendales Pictures, Images and Photos

I would hope that I would have help prepare them for life better, but if they really wanted to be a stripper and didn't listen to my reasons for not doing it, then I would love them the same. I would support them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:08 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• No, I mean support their decision.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• as for supporting her decision, sure. Strippers make excellent money. Its not something to be ashamed of.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:09 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would have trouble picturing my daughter that way, but if she is old enough to have that job and make that decision then I'm not going to heckle her about it.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 12:13 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• yes i would support her decision but I will also encourage her to take self defense classes and carry OC spray at all times
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• NO, I would hope that I have raised my children to have enough respect for themselves that they would have to be put in a situation where someone is grabbing there ass or degrading them... I would hope they would find a profession that doesn't involve taking there clothes off
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:14 AM on Jul. 25, 2010