How can I clean my couch?

I have a tan micro-fiber couch... it is about 6 years old, and was stain guard protected when I purchased it. Well, it has seen a 125 pound chocolate lab that had a drooling issue when sleeping, and 2 kids under3... I need ideas to get pet drool stains out, along with general every day stains (just water, juice, food, etc).

asil

Asked by asil at 12:09 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• lots of carpet cleaning places also clean upholstry. Call and get an estimate.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:10 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Do the cushion covers remove? I have i light tan couch as well and I always take them off and put them in the washer...its stain guarded too and all the stuff comes right out and it looks new.
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 12:17 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Carpet cleaning services can do upholstery, but I do beleive some steam cleaners (that you can rent or buy) also come with upholstery attatchments.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• no, the cushions don't come off... they are ALL attached,... ugh... teaches me to buy a couch with attached cusions prior to having kids...! ha!
    asil

Comment by asil (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Supposedly....you only need a damp cloth. I would try this 1st then check ALL the TAGS & maybe even call the store where you purchased the couch cuz some cleaners could actually stain your couch worst!
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Very simple solution. Get a spray bottle, fill it with 75% hydrogen peroxide, just one SMALL, TINY squirt of dish detergent, and cap it off with water. spray the stains, let it sit and dry, do it again...rub it with a sponge or brush (a brush is better)...let it dry again and vacuum. Took red wine out of a microfiber couch of mine.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 3:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i use my carpet cleaner
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 10:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• no carpet cleaner, and don't want to PAY someone to do it... looking for DIY ideas!
    asil

Comment by asil (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2010