How can I get my 2 yr old to feel ok when she is around men with alot of facial hair?

EVER TIME SHE IS AROUND MEN WHAT HAVE ALOT OF FACIAL HAIR ALL SHE DOES IS EITHER CRY AND RUN TO ME OR FREEZE UP AND LOOK FOR MOMMYS HELP. WHAT CAN I DO TO LET HER KNOW THAT THEY WONT HURT HER ?

laanette_19_88

Asked by laanette_19_88 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol aw! When i was younger my dad and a long beard for most of my life when i was 3 he chopped it all off and i dident reconize him and he kept saying "its daddy" I ran to my mom sayint thats not my daddy! I think she will grow out of it , just tell her that men are hairy creatures lol
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• If you have a close friend that is a hairy guy maybe he can help you help her get over it. I would see if he will let you put ribbons and or barrettes in it. You know, make it a game. Or you can make her a fake beard to wear as a game so she gets used to them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:44 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I know the feeling, my daughter used to do the same thing. It's just a phase, she'll grow out of it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:45 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It is just a phase. The more she sees you being friendly and comfortable around men with beards, the faster she'll figure out that it's just how some men's faces look.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:52 AM on Jul. 25, 2010