Do you think it's possible for a stool softner, to make your stools hard?

I was pooping o.k. with some suppositories and then when I started taking stool softners my poop stoped coming out,could this be a coiencedence or maybe means something.I'm horribly constipated from some medications,I'm stopping soon.Do you know about stool softners?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I've only ever taken one stool softener pill. After I had my DD they gave them to me and said if I ever have trouble going, to take two a day. Well, I didn't have trouble for the whole first week, but then after that, I didn't go for a day. I figured I'd take one that night and then I'd go in the morning. I was wrong. I woke up with the most excruciating pain. It hurt worse then labor. After laying in bed for 30 minutes with it, I finally managed to get up and start walking hoping to walk it off, but that did no good. 30 min after I started walking, I had to take motrin and an hour later the pain was gone. I ended up just drinking juice to deal with the constipation. Will never take one of those again.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 12:47 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• TMI
    After I had my son I had to take them and they were the pills. My stool did some out hard but it helped me poop after being constipated for 5 days. I took it and 30-60 minutes later it help me go.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Add more fiber to your diet. Benefiber can be added to your food or drinks. There is no taste to it. Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water each day.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on, or eliminate, meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 1:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Sounds to me like your not getting enough water. You need to drink ALLOT of water 10-12 16oz glasses a day) when taking stool softners. Water is what helps the active ingredient to soften your poop up.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2010