Why do you have/follow the faith/non-faith you do???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 12:43 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• There's a saying, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." That is basically what happened to me. I felt such an intense pull to research and learn about religions and philosophies, and when I found the right place and understanding, it felt like coming home.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Because it's a part of who I am. My faith comes from a place inside me, it's not something I learned, it's something I always knew... Kinda hard to say know to something that comes as naturally as breathing!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:45 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Because I feel in my heart it is the right one for me. I am at peace with it and never question myself in my decision to follow it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Because that is what I feel is right. I was not raised in the Church, and have left the church only come back. It comes from both faith and research. I have witness, in my own life, too many miracles to ignore it.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 12:49 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It is what feels right to me... I feel comfrotable, happy and fufilled on the path I am on
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 12:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It's where I'm most at home and comfortable with the teachings. As an adult I read about a lot of different faiths and visited a few different houses of worship but I really feel this is where I belong.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:05 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Because He touched me! I searched for so long, He wooed me to Himself through His non-diluted Gospel! He is truly a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him and I am glad I did and do!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Because it is what is in my heart!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Because its what brings me peace and joy and makes me feel good.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I follow/adhere to no one organized religion/faith.

I have yet to find 1. That I 100% full heartedly without question or doubt, believe in everything it teaches/preaches, believe in and would willingly with 100% of my heart and devotion follow ALL the tenents of that religion. I try to live my life as justly as possible. Claiming to be a member or follower of a religion that I didn't fully believe in nor would follow with 100% of my heart and devotion, would not be very just on my part. It would be quite fraudelent and hypocritical.

I have found beauty, things I believe, things that I would follow (and do follow) in just about every major religion in the world. But never have I found one to be the absolute end all be all "truth" to me personally. I have found some truth in all of them. Therefore, I accept all of them.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2010