Is it ok to go to a wedding your not invited too?

Yes that sounds like a dumb question right?

But what if your 23, have no social skills or social cues because you have Asperger's? what if the Asperger's keeps you in a bubble and you have no friends or outside life...then see a former classmate is getting married at the local church? you decide you want to be there....It's a town of less then 700 people so we all know eachother.
You catch a ride from the wedding to the reception, go home with cupcakes and had a good time...nobody said anything and you were accepted for the most part by those that were there...

Is this still okay?

Half the town was there by invite of course yet she drops in and crashes the wedding and reception. but by bringing home goodies they, the wedding party must have been accepting, right?
What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't see the harm. She didn't appear to disrupt anything, and I think the bridal party was very gracious to send her home with food.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My thoughts is if you aren't invited they didn't pay for your food or favor... and you shouldn't be there! Wedding crashers are never okay... Issues or not. Although it would be more understandable and more easily excused, it's still not okay.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:51 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i DON'T THINK IT'S OK,
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I don't think it's ok. It's her wedding and if they wanted that person there she would have been invited. No one asked her to leave because she has Asperger's.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• not okay.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I guess I am in the minority here... As long as she wasn't disruptive, I don't see it as a big deal. If it was my wedding and it happened to me, I would just be glad they came to celebrate my day with me.

It actually did happen at our wedding. We got married in a park downtown and the reception was in the gazebo. Three bums came and watched for a while. My brother offered them each a beer and told them they were welcome to stay and drink their ONE drink, but after that they had to leave. They sat at a table away from everybody else and drank their beers and got up and left. No harm done. Weddings are about celebrating life, sometimes people intrude in life too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with that situation but maybe if it was different!
    workgoat

Answer by workgoat at 6:13 AM on Jul. 25, 2010