I never used to get jealous ...

So, i've been with my husband for 3 years. Married for 2 years tomorrow. We've never lived together this whole time because he's in the Army and has always been somewhere overseas.
I never used to have a problem with other girls. I mean, on occasion i might get a streak of jealousy here or there, ...but that's normal, i think.
But for the past 2 months or so i've been becoming increasingly jealous. I feel like i need to know every girl he talks to and what he says to them and what she says to him etc etc. It's freaking me out! (the way i'm feeling, i mean). He's never cheated on me. he's a wonderful husband and we love each other very much.
so what's going on? why can't i shake this jealousy? advice? thoughts?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:53 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• i think the distance and not really being/living together is getting to you.. i dont see anything wrong with what you are doing, and if its no big deal then he wouldnt mind telling you what you want to know. i think you should go ahead and nip it in the bud by you two making the decision to not get other peoples phone number UNLESS its work related.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 1:00 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Go with your gut. If you're suddenly curious, maybe there's something to be curious about.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:32 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• do you think it's something happening with YOU or something happening with HIM that is causing this? it's hard to tell from your post, but whatever your gut reaction is, address that.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Something is bugging you. Your intuition seams like it's on overdrive. He just might be hiding something from you and your picking up on it. Try to identify what set off these feelings, what your self talk is and then what possibleother reasons could there be. Decide on a course of action and follow through. Don't forget to sleep on your decisions. Your emotions must be under control to make good decisions.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• How have you never lived together? He hasn't been deployed for 24 months. IDK how you have never lived together. That's strange. Either the distance is finally getting to you, or your gut is telling you something.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• We've never lived together because he was in Korea right after we met.
    and then he was in Germany after we got married and got deployed before we could finish the command sponsorship. Now that he's back in Germany he doesn't have the 3 yrs stabilization a soldier needs to move his family.
    He's come home to us for visits. But never for more than 25 days or so.
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010