When your in labor does the baby move a lot? adult content

Also this question is a little gross but i have heard of the body cleaning itself out right before you have a baby. Would that be like having multiple bowel movements a day and then right before actual labor maybe diarrhea? Sorry for this question. Its just that I am 3 days past my due date and im having contractions that hurt me in my lower back and hips and make me have to squeeze what ever little bit of pee i have out of me. The baby is moving soo much that it adds to my discomfort. I dont want to call my midwife until much later bc i been thru false labor b4 and this stuff just started happening not to long ago. It would be great to get your input. PS. My mucus plug came out like a month ago and last week i was 3 centimeters dilated and me and my husband just had intercourse not to long ago as well; which i heard can bring on labor. I hope it did it for me. Wish me luck ladies [=

JanetElizabeth

Asked by JanetElizabeth at 12:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well, I had diarrhea right before labor with each one.

and yes, my babies did seem to move more. I think they did not like being squished by the contractions and it was almost as if they were fighting back LOL

I'd give the midwife a call anyways. she's the expert, if she thinks you should be seen then go in.

GOOD LUCK!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Well, I was induced, so my body wasn't really preparing for labor, but after I started getting contractions, I got up like three times in an hour to go #2.

Good luck, I hope it's your time!

And I would call the midwife to keep her informed, if it's painful and in your back, you could be having back labor, which I've heard is harder to time contractions, good luck!
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 1:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Thank you ladies! Ill call maybe in an hour or so. This same thing happened to me a few days ago and my midwife actually thought i was in labor but then the contractions gradually disappeared. This was also after having intercourse with the hubby. The only thing different now is the diarrhea and the fact that im 3 days past my due date. "i hope i am i hope i am i hope i am lol!"
    JanetElizabeth

Comment by JanetElizabeth (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i didnt have diarrhea or anything like that when ur preg ur act. consipated however its spelled y do u think they give u stoll softeners after u have ur baby and u shit when u have the baby when u push the baby out u shit its gross but it happens u could have the craps before u go in labor but ive never heard of that..
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 3:00 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I had pretty loose stools for most of my pregnancy, and I don't remember having it worse prior to labor. Once in labor, my BMs weren't any worse, but I did poop in the table, which 80% of women do. Definitely keep up the intercourse, and make sure you both finish, because each one has its own benefits.
    See if they can check the baby's position, because there's a chance the baby is posterior, if you're having that much back pain. That can mean you'll have back labor, and there are some other complications associated with that (all of which I had). You might ask your midwife. You can also use some visualization to help put your baby in the proper position, and imagine your cervix opening and thinning. Might help move things along. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:37 AM on Jul. 25, 2010