What are your thoughts?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/20/eveningnews/main6696724.shtml

CarrieLeester

Asked by CarrieLeester at 1:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The Muslims didn't do 911 some whack job terrorists did. You ever think they want to do it as a tribute to those Americans that died there. Let them build it. It's not that big of a deal.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I currently live in Florida for 10 years, but I live in New York all my life. I left New York shortly after 911. I think to build a mosque there is the biggest insult to the victims survivors and New Yorkers in general. I am against it. I respect all religions and I encourage freedom of religion , but would be in bad taste.

emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 7:57 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Just replying to find this later.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:20 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

But WHY does it HAVE to be built so close to what has become "sacred" ground?! WHY can they not build their mosque somewhere else?! Regardless of what YOU think is perfectly acceptable, the REALITY is the majority of New Yorkers and families of those killed in the attack, think it's in bad taste, and I think their wishes should be honored and respected. Maybe if you lost a close friend or family member on 9/11 you would feel differently.

The WTC complex encompassed a one square mile area. I think that entire area should be devoted to being a positive reflection memorial park--regardless of it being "prime real estate." I don't even like the idea of them building a "bigger and better" Freedom Tower on the spot.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:21 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• As soon as we are allowed to put churches in Saudi etc. I will think about the idea of putting mosques in the US. They don't belong in NY or anywhere else in the US in my opinion.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• They want to have a house of worship let them build it somewhere else where the relatives and friends don't have to see it while they go to pay their respects to their loved ones killed in the name of that religion.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 5:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• hot, they won't listen. It is all a big conspiracy to recruit more terrorists. It has been said over and over!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

Yeah but if enough people scream loud enough eventually the right words will come out and that will get their attention and they will listen.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• And the caffeine kicks in..........................................................................................
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• The very suggestion is a slap in the face! If you do a little research into the group trying to build the mosque you will find they have ties to terrorist organizations.

American complacency is going to be our undoing. We are up to our necks in a religious war and are to pc to see it for what it really is.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2010