Do you think this would be considered an invasion of privacy?

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/110152/wal-mart-radio-tags-to-track-clothing

CarrieLeester

Asked by CarrieLeester at 1:10 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think the tags should be removed before leaving the store. If not, then yes, there is the possibility that it could be used to invade privacy. Not to say that it would happen, just that it is possible.
    anglkisz83

Answer by anglkisz83 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yes. I'm not big on the RFID chips being inserted into everything. I hate that they are in passports, credit cards, iPass, etc.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:11 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yes, I do. I, for one, am not going to shop somewhere whereI'm being treated like a potential criminal.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I personally don't feel it poses a threat to the "drive by scanning the garbage" that was mentioned in the article LOL That's just silly IMO from the image, it appears they are like any other hanging tag you tear off at purchase, it's not going to remain attached until you throw the item away.

but yes, I do disagree with the tags in ID type stuff like licenses and passports and such.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Me too, i think it should be removed before leaving the store!
    workgoat

Answer by workgoat at 6:03 AM on Jul. 25, 2010