Would this be tacky or disrespectful?

I've been wanting to get pictures done all year, after I lose weight. I've been talking with the photographer the whole time about them and I'm almost to where I'd like to scheduale them. Would is be tacky to send him some links to other artists' websites to just show him kinda of what I want? These are going to be pictures to show off my hard work so I don't know exactly how to tell him what I want.

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 1:12 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ummm. Hmm...I'm not sure. I guess not. Just tell him that was the kind of style you're going for, or even particular poses. After all, you are a customer, and he's providing a service. Just try to put it nicely.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:13 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I don't think it would be. I think it'd help him get a clearer view of what you want. In the end, you're paying him for a service, and you should be happy with the results of that service.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 1:14 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i dont think its tacky i think its a good idea to give him some concrete ideas to work from congrats on the weight lost
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 1:14 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I don't think so at all. You are hiring him to work for you, this is not a personal relationship. GOOD JOB on the weight loss!!!!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Ok, as a photographer, yes, it is annoying. Every serious photographer is an artist with a specific vision. It is ok to discuss with the photographer what kind of poses you like or what style of processing you like, but ultimately telling a photographer to essentially imitate another's work instead of trusting them to create art is insulting. Most photographers will tell you to find a photographer who fits what you are looking for rather than trying to force the photographer you have chosen to re-create someone else's style.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I am with danielle on this one. It is rather rude to ask an artist to copy someone else's work. Like she said... just go to the other photographer, the one you like.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:19 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Me and him are friends. He's a really cool guy and I don't want him to think I'm trying to say his pics aren't good enough. He knows I want sort of a boudior or pin up look to them so I'm sure he can figure out what I want. I think I'm just going to send him a message saying I found a site that has some good poses in it and ask if he wants to see them.
    SaraP1989

Comment by SaraP1989 (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I agree that it may be tacky. Instead print out pictures or write down a list of do's and dont's. Have you asked to see some of this photographer's work? Maybe see if he/she has done something similar to what you want. Everyone is deifferent, so you have to use your own judgement on how you have read him, but by posting this question, sounds like you already know it might offend him/her.
    anglkisz83

Answer by anglkisz83 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• good ideal.leave your options open
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I think this is a a good idea!
    workgoat

Answer by workgoat at 6:01 AM on Jul. 25, 2010