Are there any known reasons why maybe my period is getting heavier?

The last 2 times that i have had my menstral period it has been heavier than normal. I can feel the clots falling out and the blood is bright red when this happens.

webbster6

Asked by webbster6 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Health

• stress different diet habits theres lots of reasons it depends on ur habits
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• How long ago did you have a baby? Mine have been heavier since I had my baby. I think over time, your period changes several times. Just one of the wonders of womenhood. If you're truly concerned, then make an appointment with your GYNO.
    noellesmama

Answer by noellesmama at 12:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• well when mine was heavy and i kept passing clots, i found out that i had cervical cancer. i think you should speak with your gyno as well to make sure you are in good health. i didn't do this i waited and waited im not trying to scare you it could be normal but don't play take care of this. good luck
    Sarah
    1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 1:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My periods started getting extremely heavy about a year after I had my daughter. I also had other bothersome sympthoms, EXTREME fatigue, dry skin, weight gain, hair loss...was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Put on medication, everything back to normal! I would also suggest getting a thorough exam from your gyno.
    LRiegel

Answer by LRiegel at 6:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• When I had your problem the Dr. did tests and diagnosed me with endometriosis. It was contained inside my uterus and they ended up doing an ablation procedure to destroy the lining of my uterus. My kids are grown so I was not bothered with the idea of not being able to conceive again. But on the upside. I no longer have a period, or cramps, but still have "all my parts" No cramps, no monthly bloating and no menopause as of yet.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• yes, it could be endometriosis or adenomyosis or fibroids. This happened to me, too, and it's pretty common. I don't understand why Gyno docs don't tell women about these symptoms so they know what to watch out for.

Anyway, here's an article that explains more about endo and adeno . http://www.healthy-living-for-moms.com/endometriosis_treatment.html

Hope this helps,

Eunice
    HealthyMom62

Answer by HealthyMom62 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2008