my 2 month old has cradle cap how do i get rid of it

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Rub a tiny bit of baby oil on his/her head, let it sit for 5 minutes, and then use a soft brush to kind of "brush" or wiggle it out as much as you can, and then wash his/her hair with just water. My son had it too, and I did this for about a week and it was gone.
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I used baby oil on my daughters head and rub it with a soft brush and it went away in a day or two. Just don't pick at it or it will be scabby. Apply the baby oil thick and rub it with the brush every few hours and it should go away.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• There is also a kit that you can get it comes with a special glove that you can use to rub the oil in and then it has a comb that you can use to comb it out and it also had a rubber side to rub shampoo in. then brush it out.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I apply baby oil right after bathe. Scrub lightly his head with shampoo, pat dry and rub baby oil on. I also do it sparatically between bathes, we do not bathe everyday.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i used a small dime size amount of head and shoulders, went away and hasnt come back so i recommend buying a trial size bottle lol
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 3:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Babies r us carries alot of cradle cap products
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I'm a hair stylist and I have always told and used myself Paul Mitchel Tea Tree shampoo. You have to be very careful not to get in their eyes but useing that instead of the baby shampoo makes a big differance, once it clears up stop using it. I've noticed with using the baby oil it just keeps coming back. it would probably be best if you used the oil to soften it the comb most of it off the scalp then use the shampoo.
    momofthreeIRC

Answer by momofthreeIRC at 3:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• My nephew had it bad at 4 years, my mom bought my sister in law the pooh brand cradle cap shampoo and they followed the directions on it once or twice and it was gone.Its slightly pricey but if it works.

Florence_Moss

Answer by Florence_Moss at 3:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I just brush my babys head with her soft brush. she only had it for 3 days.
    ryonnasmom

Answer by ryonnasmom at 4:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my daughter always put baby oil on my granddaugter head after a few miuntes brush it out,also you can buy gentle naturals cradle cap care that's helps.hope this will help.
    debbie135

Answer by debbie135 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2008