Is it illegal to block someone's car from moving?

I am not saying I am doing this or this is being done to me. If this happened to you, what would you do if the person would not move?

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 1:23 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Call a tow truck! I would also call the police and take photos to make sure I have documentation that they were indeed blocking my car.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:24 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Sorry, yes I think it is illegal to knowingly block someones car. It is preventing them from using their personal property.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:25 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• here in this state it is illegal... you can have it towed at the owners expense...
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• as far as I know, only if it's in a public area like road side parking on city streets.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:24 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It probably depends on if it parked on public or private property.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:25 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Uh it might be im not sure, if the person wasent in the car i would prob right a note and leave it on their window, the second time i would get a lil bitchy, the 3rd time im busting windows LOL JK, I think lol
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I don't think it is illegal,but I live in a pretty liberal state. If it happened to me I would first try to find the owner & ask him to move his car so I could move mine. If I really needed to go & I couldn't find the owner I would probably call the police & let them handle it. The police down here are really good at that!
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 2:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I think it is!
    workgoat

Answer by workgoat at 5:58 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I did this to a guy who I thought was to drunk to drive home, I park right up to his bumper...the next day I went back to my car and he still got away! I talked to him later on and he thought I was the drunk! for parking behind him so close and not getting my car til the next day...we cleared it up and he understood....so I think there is an exception to the rule
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would check first before having it towed. Depending on the law, you might end up having to pay the tow bill. Unless you don't care who pays for it. If I needed to use my car, I would probably just have it towed a few feet away and pay for the towing. That's just me though....
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:47 AM on Jul. 25, 2010