does anyone else worry almost constantly about their baby? and when should I feel baby move?

Im only 21 weeks and I cant help but worry about her. I still haven't felt her move. plus this is my first child. But I'm almost always worried about her. Like if she's still alive. Does anyone else worry about that sort of thing? also is it normal not to feel her move yet?

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 1:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I want to say this is right about the time you should start feeling her move. I think it can be as early as 18 weeks for mothers who have been pregnant before with 20 weeks as the average. It can be later for first time moms who don't know what to look for or can't recognize the "fluttering" of the baby's first movements. I know how you feel though. With both of my pregnancies, I worried all the time about the baby. I think this is a very normal worry, especially for first time moms. Soon you'll be able tofeel her move and you'll be worrying if she's moving enough. Then, when she's born you'll stay up all night wondering if she's breathing, or if she's eating enough. You get the idea. Worrying is part of being a mother. Just listen to your body and if your intuition tells you something is wrong, call the doctor. If it's just nerves, try to relax doing something you enjoy. Good luck!
    Miss_cecilia

Answer by Miss_cecilia at 1:42 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• if ur not feeling her at all i would go to ur doctors and tell them shes prob fine but just incase imy water broke and i didnt have my baby until 3 weeks later i could feel her move then one day i didnt and she was born that same day and her cord was around her kneck and she was dead they got her back but it was still scary to hear that so yeah i would let ur doc know sorry to scare u but it can happen
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 2:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I didn't feel my baby move until I was about 24-25 weeks. Also, the position of your placenta could be getting in the way of feeling the movements.
    LittleD96

Answer by LittleD96 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yes!!! I worry constantly! I am always scared the baby is not okay or died, I have many irrational fears, it is normal! I felt my baby move at 18 weeks but everyone is different. I would give it a few more weeks and see, if not then go to your doctor. Did you have an ultrasound yet? That may give you peace of mind that your baby is moving and ok.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2010