What should I do with my sick husband? so tired of doing it all myself!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• more info
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yes there needs to be more info before anyone can really provide a good supportive answer
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I agree with DeeMarie87...are you having to take care of him because he's sick or wounded or something?
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• HES JUST BEING A BABBY , TELL HIM TO GET OVER IT AND SAY I HAVE MY OWN SHIT TO DO ! MEN THEY ACT LIKE CRY BABBYS WHEN THERE SICK !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 1:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• hey u dont know why he is sick it could be very serious, that was rude and nasty!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:54 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Just do the best you can...Seek out support group but dont give up on him cause he needs you..best wishes...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• You can decide to put him in a nursing home.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:28 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Respite care is available if he's truly ill, talk to a medical social worker.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:50 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It's normal to get tired of 'doing it all' when your husband is sick or injured. Over a period of two years my DH had three back surgeries and my mom had one ~ in between the 2nd and 3rd and I went to care for her over 700 miles from my home. You will get tired, you'll get angry, you'll say 'why me' on occasion.

But, you are married ~ and that means in sickness and in health. My DH cares for me when I'm sick, he cared for me when I had surgery. That's what husbands and wives do. My boys were grown when this happened, but we still had 6 dogs and 8 cats, other family visiting, grandchildren to baby sit, etc. Life is rough sometimes, but the rough patches don't last.

You need to take care of yourself though, along with 'everything' else. Whether it's a long bath, a walk each afternoon, or a half hour to read/listen to music. Get enough sleep and eat right too, and hang in there. Email me if you need to vent.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I don't know if your husband is seriously ill or sick for a mini moment. I do know how stressful it is to care for your husband when they're seriously ill. My husband had a massive stroke 4 years ago, right after moving 300 miles away from our children. What I've been told and found out for myself the hard way is that you have to find a way to take care of yourself. I allowed myself to become worn out, so sad and just didn't take care of me. I had a heart attack last fall...wake up time for me. The majority of friends we had just sort of phased out of our lives and we didn't have enough time to develop new friends here. Keeping in touch with family by e-mail, facebook and cafemom has helped me so much. If you ever need to talk or blow off steam I've got a good ear. Hang in there.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2010