I'm torn apart right now, I don't know what to do!

I try to avoid the news at all costs because every time I hear about Afghanistan I get upset. My FIL told me that on the news, two US Sailors have been captured by the Taliban just south of Kabul. My husband is in the Navy and stationed not very far from there and he was talking about wanting to go to the bazaar to buy things for us. The people that are captured stopped at the bazaar. I don't know what to think, do, say, feel, anything! I don't know if he's one of them, or if he's safe, I just don't know. This hurts so bad! Please pray for him and for all of the people that are sacrificing their lives for us. Whether you're for the war or not, these are husbands, wives, fathers, sons, mothers, daughters, friends. I pray to God that my husband is not hurt, and at the same time I feel awful because there are going to be people getting bad news, whether I'm one of them or not. I'm a mess right now, I'm sorry.

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 1:47 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• OMG im sooo sorry i will pray for him and pls let me know what happens and if he is ok!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I do understand your fears and you are scared out of your mind, totally understandable...I will pray for your husband and that the captured are soon released...stay calm you do not know anything...which is good, because if it was bad they would have told you by now, right?
    Take care and I will pray....
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• sending my thoughts and prayers!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:52 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• prayingcome homeMy thoughts are with you.  I am thankful for your husband and others just like him.  Hugs to you.

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 1:52 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Lord I just pray right now for this womans husband, please let him be safe and protect him from all harm. Please watch over him as he is doing his call to duty and allow him to be safe at all time and return home soon with his family. I pray you bless him and his wife and that you give this woman a special peace knowing that all things are in your control. Thank you Father!

~~Bless you and you family for serving our country! Thank you, be well and at peace :o)
    lunagirl700

Answer by lunagirl700 at 2:13 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Have faith, sweetheart! Bless you!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 2:14 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Thank you all so much for the prayers and for the words of encouragement! God bless you all! I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep until I get an email from him saying that he's okay. I just wish they'd send our troops home already!
    nicolemstacy

Comment by nicolemstacy (original poster) at 2:21 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I agree.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:27 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I'm sorry. Surely you will hear from him, soon. How often do you talk with him? I'm sure you would have heard something by now? IDK when they were captured. When my hubby was deployed he told me not to watch the news. Then sounded offended when I didn't know things that were going on, when other wives did. Can you maybe find out from his unit if it was anyone of them? (I realize it's probably not called a 'unit' IDK what the Navy calls it)
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Thank you ladies again for your prayers! I heard from him this morning and he is safe and in one piece! I told him not to leave the base for anything lol. He said that now they're not allowed to, so I'm thankful for that! I'm still feeling really bad for the families of the two that were captured. One of them has been killed and the other one is still in custody of the Taliban.
    nicolemstacy

Comment by nicolemstacy (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2010