weed...

Ok. I smoke weed sometimes. I don't smoke cigarettes, or drink or do anything else.

I had unprotected sex with my husband last week and I think I might be pregnant... I haven't smoked since I thought that, and I would quit if I found out I was - I just want to know if whatever might still be in my system could hurt the fetus. Does anyone know the affects of weed on a baby? I've heard so much about other drugs harming them and smoking cigarettes, but nothing about weed and I can't find anything online.

Please let me know whatcha can if you heard something from your doctor or somewhere. Bash if you want, I really don't mind lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• any drugs harm your child!
    Anonymous

• All bashing aside, I see smoking weed when you get pregnant no different than getting pregnant when drunk, or when you don't know you are pregnant for the first few weeks and keep drinking anyways. I asked my doctor about it (the alcohol) because I drank (heavily - I had just turned 21!) for the first 3 weeks of being pregnant and I was worried. He told me it was nothing to worry about so long as I stopped now that I knew I was preggo. I would imagine it would be the same for you, and kudos to you knowing to stop when you are pregnant. I know some women don't feel the same about weed and have smoked their whole pregnancy (shame on them!)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i did worse things while i was pregnant with my first before a found out and once later on when i was stressed out. he is fine. they can get addicted to it while they are in the womb. mine doesn't show any signs of it. they can also have a low birth weight like they can with cig. it stays in your system for 1 month but i dont know how long of that it will affect the baby. just dont do anything while you are waiting to find out and then dont do anything while you are pg if you are.
    Anonymous

• As long as you do not do it the rest of your pregnancy if you are you will be fine. Smoking it during though will cause your baby to learn slow and have slow motor developing skills. Kudos to you if you do not do it while pregnant!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• The only proven thing that marijuana does is cause low birth weight. There are romers that it can slow mental development but it has not been proven. Oh and smoking weed is not like drinking or doing other drugs. Marijuana is a natrual herb that has many benifical health uses. It is a natrual pain relieve. Smoking a cigarette is worse for you than smoking a joint.
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 4:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I have many friends who have smoked weed on and off during their pregnancies, and nothing harmful has come from it. I've also been told, and agree, with what GFXMommy said. It's a natural herb, so it's less harmful than other things are. The last bit that I've been told is that when you really shouldn't be smoking weed anymore is in your third trimester, but many prefer to stop altogether when they find out their pregnant.
    Cruelicious

Answer by Cruelicious at 4:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Obviously, don't smoke it while you are pregnant. The THC from marijuana will stay in your body for 30 days and will not harm baby, especially at this age. The thing you need to worry about with marijuana is what else are you smoking with it? Lots of people add additives to their weed without your knowledge. It is not a regulated drug so you never know what you are getting.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 5:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i smoked during my first 3 months and was around it during the rest. it had no affect on my baby, no one i kno has had any problems while preg and smoking weed.

i dont really suggest it but i can say i've never herd of it hurting anything. aslong as its straight up natuaral weed and not laced.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• WEED FRYS YOUR BRAIN ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Sep. 20, 2009