do you raise your children to be environmentally aware?

what things you do to accomplish that?

mommy_sam

Asked by mommy_sam at 2:57 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• absolutely!!! she knows not to litter..last year at school, she was in kindergarten, she got a reward at the end of the year, and lil ones all thru the school year for cleaning up garbage on her lunch hour...i was/am so proud of her!! she also turns of lights, and the tv when not in use, and she turns of the water when she brushes teeth etc.. i accidentally left it runing one time and she yelled at me..LOL..when we shop we use cloth bags..we recycle everything!!!!! we do whatever we can! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:00 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I should do more, but my daughter is only 2 1/2. She sees us recycle and wants to put everything in the recycling bin!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:09 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• my son does not litter, he recycles, he turns the water off when he brushes his teeth, are we crazy environmental?? no. but we try to do our part....

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• we do lots that is good for the environment, i don't really tell the kids that is what we are doing though! the recycling and reducing and reusing, my son learned in school. we also don't use chemicals for cleaning or on our lawn, and we don't consume a lot of processed foods. we do these things for our health, but it is good for the environment too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• no
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Well I think they learn by example. We recycle and compost. We also reuse things that a lot of people toss. The kids pick this up by seeing this.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 25, 2010