My daughter is 4 and likes my husband better

he stays home with her while i work, and we are now going thru a divorce. has anyone gone thru this before? how do i get her to respond to me more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Be home more. Do some activities together. I know when I was working long days I was too tired to anything when I got home, but you are going to have to make an extra effort to get in some quality time with her
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• it's basic child psychology for kids to go through favoritism with a parent. i wouldn't worry so much about it, but since you are going through a divorce i would say just make sure you make special mommy-daughter time. even if it doesn't produce the immediate results you're hoping for, she will remember how you acted going through such an emotional time
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 6:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2008